Who We Are
Our Pastors: Del and Cindy Way
Pastors Del and Cindy live out an authentic, transparent Christian lifestyle as they lead Calvary’s large congregation in Kerrville in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. While Pastor Del’s primary calling is pastoring, he also pursues the Lord’s call to Christian music. As a singer and songwriter, he has recorded more than 19 projects. Together, Pastors Del and Cindy use their passion and love for Jesus Christ as the foundation for their welcoming church family.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden.” — Matthew 5:14
As a beaming light dispels the darkness, so Calvary Temple Church will shine the light of Jesus, both in our community and beyond, in order to show God’s love to the lost.
What We Believe
Because of historical, literary, archeological, and experiential evidence, we hold that the 66 books of the Holy Bible are inspired by God, without error, and are the final authority on all matters of life.
- The entire Bible is inspired by God, without error, and is the authority on which we base our faith, conduct and doctrine.
- In one God who exists in three distinct persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God who came to this earth as Savior of the world.
- Jesus died on the cross and shed His blood for our sins. Salvation is found by placing our faith in what Jesus did for us on the cross. Jesus rose from the dead and is coming again.
- Water baptism is a symbol of the cleansing power of the blood of Christ and a testimony to our faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- In the regular taking of Communion as an act of remembering what the Lord Jesus did for us on the cross.
- Every believer should be in a growing relationship with Jesus by obeying God’s Word, yielding to the Holy Spirit and being conformed to the image of Christ.
- As children of God, we are overcomers and more than conquerors, and God intends for each of us to experience the abundant life He has in store for us.
In July of 1986, young Del Way preached a sermon to 12 people under the branches of an old oak tree in the Hill Country in Kerrville, Texas. Calvary has been growing ever since, first meeting at the Y.O. Hotel with the motto: Have altar; will travel. Our first home in an office space followed, and while there we had to keep removing walls to keep up with the space needed for our growing congregation. Eventually, God led us to the land we occupy now, where we were able to build our facility debt-free. Our first service in our permanent location was in 1994. We look forward to what God has coming up in the still-unfolding story of Calvary.
Our Services and Meeting Times
We meet at 3000 Loop 534 in Kerrville, Texas. Please join us!
- Sunday services are held at 9 a.m. and 11 a.m.
- K.I.D.S. Church and Jr. K.I.D.S. Church meet at 11 a.m.
- Genesis childcare is available during every service.
- Communion is celebrated the first Sunday of every month.
- Baptisms are held on the third Sunday of every month.
- Ladies’ Bible Study meets at 9:30 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. (when in session)
- Men’s Bible Study meets at 6:30 p.m. (when in session)
- Wednesday service is held at 7 p.m.
- Princess Academy meets at 7 p.m.
- Survivor Camp meets at 7 p.m.
- Super Hero Class meets at 7 p.m.
- SWAT (Jr. high school) meets at 7 p.m.
- 29:11 (high school) meets at 7 p.m.